American Original '60s Telecaster—One of the most versatile guitars ever created, the Telecaster is easily at home in any genre, thanks to its flexible sound, alluring style and smooth playing feel. In 1960, Fender offered rosewood as the standard fingerboard wood and launched the Telecaster Custom, an elegant model with a double-bound body and 3-ply pickguard.
The American Original '60s Telecaster combines period-accurate sound and style from this electrifying decade with modern, fast-playing feel and pickup switching. The Pure Vintage '64 single-coil Telecaster pickups are as period-correct as possible, from the enamel-coated coil wire to the cloth-covered output wires, fiber bobbins and alnico 5 magnets. The bridge pickup’s copper shielding plate adds some zing to your tone, while the pole pieces are staggered for balanced volume between the strings. The mid-'60s C-shaped neck profile gracefully fills the fret hand, while the 9.5"-radius round-lam rosewood fingerboard will feel familiar to any player.
Other authentic touches include vintage-tall frets, original-era body radii, vintage-style hardware—including three steel saddles—vintage-style hardshell case and a lacquer finish that not only lets the wood breathe naturally with resonant tone, it also wears in a distinctively appealing way.A legendary instrument, the American Original '60s Telecaster is the best way to experience the performance, style and tone that made Fender the foundation of modern music.
- A tribute to the 1964 Telecaster Custom
- Pure Vintage '64 pickups are painstakingly period correct
- '60s-era "C" maple neck suits all playing styles
- Modern 9.5" fingerboard radius minimizes fretting out
- Resonant alder body with front and back binding
- Breathable nitrocellulose lacquer finish
- Rosewood fretboard adds touches of warmth and sustain to the Tele twang
- Bone nut and string-through-body maximize sustain
- Classic 3-saddle bridge with copper shielding plate
- Kluson-style vintage tuning machines
- Body Type:Solidbody
- Body Shape:Telecaster
- Number of Strings:6
- Body Material:Double Bound Alder
- Body Finish:Gloss Nitrocellulose Lacquer
- Color:Lake Placid Blue
- Neck Material:Maple
- Neck Shape:'60s C
- Fingerboard Material:Round-Laminated Rosewood
- Fingerboard Inlay:Pearloid Dots
- Number of Frets:21, Vintage Dots
- Scale Length:25.5"
- Nut Width:1.650"
- Nut Material:Bone
- Bridge/Tailpiece:3-Saddle Vintage Style, Slotted Steel Saddles
- Tuners:Pure Vintage
- Neck Pickup:'64 Pure Vintage Single-coil
- Bridge Pickup:'64 Pure Vintage Single-coil
- Controls:1 x volume, 1 x tone, 3-way blade pickup switch
- Strings:Fender USA, .010-.046
- Case Included:Deluxe Black Hardshell Case
- Manufacturer Part Number:0110140802