As far as versatile and ubiquitous effects go, an overdrive emulating a pushed tube amp is number one. The TC Electronic El Mocambo will fatten up your tone with some extra girth around the waist, giving you that highly sought-after mid-range “oomph” that cuts through the mix when your band is pushing decibels. This particular gritty mid-range honk gives the guitar a certain vocal quality that is ideal for a singing blues solo but also works formidably in a hard rock setting as a lead boost on top of an already overdriven sound. Crank up and testify!
- Vintage and authentic-sounding overdrive pedal
- Shape the scream of your tube drive with the 3-knob interface
- Classic blues rock tones that conjure up the great masters of the genre
- True bypass for ultimate signal integrity
- “Built-like-a-tank” metal chassis