Matthews Effects Architect V3
Foundational Overdrive/Boost Pedal
The Architect V3 is Rick Matthews' unique take on the legendary klon circuit, with an active three band EQ which sculpts the tone of the overdrive. Three distinct clipping modes allow you to perfectly pair this pedal with any guitar/amp combination. The boost channel offers two independent circuits for vast control of your tonal blueprints. Create layered, clean boosts to dynamically push your amp with powerful EQ dialing, or crank up the gain and shake the very earth.
- Overdrive & boost in a single compact pedal
- Soft-touch footswitch designed to years of abuse
- Fully active three-band EQ
- Three clipping options
- Two boost options
- External bypass control for both the overdrive and boost circuits (TRS cable required)
- 9V power jack power draw: (50ma)
- Top mounted input and output jacks
- Independent true bypass on the drive and boost circuits
- High grade components selected for their superior sound and response
- Built in the U.S.A.
- Dimensions: 2.5″ x 4.5″ x 1.5″ – height excludes knobs and switches
Controls the volume of the boost. The new Architect V3 offers an independent true bypass boost control and footswitch. Use the slide switch on the side of the pedal to select between a Silicon or Mosfet circuit to form the foundation of your tone.
Boost or cut the treble frequency.
Controls the amount of gain. This unique control delivers a lot more than a traditional Gain knob. Set to the lower setting (left), your signal is routed via a boost circuit. As you turn the "Gain" up, it gradually engages a secondary gain channel which is being mixed in. A wide variety of tones are at your disposal using this layered Gain feature.
Three Clipping Modes
The slide switch on the side of the pedal lets you select from three distinct clipping modes, each with a different color of gain. This allows you pair the Architect V3 with any guitar and amp combination.
Silicon - Very tight and crunchy
Diode Lift - Slight natural clipping great for pushing a dirty amp
Germanium - Compressed and tight