120 Watts of Heavy Metal -- with Ample Tone-Crafting Tools
The call of metal has pushed amp manufacturers to outdo each other in a quest to create the heaviest, most powerful metal amp of all. With 120 watts of all-tube fury and three channels that reach molten levels of gain, consider the Laney IRT120H Ironheart amplifier head a bold entry into the arena.
Three Types of Stellar Tone
The Ironheart is a three-channel amp offering independent volume controls for each. The clean and rhythm channels share a three-band EQ and the lead channel has its own independent EQ. On the clean channel, you'll hear a range of clear tones that are responsive to your pick attack. Rhythm makes its home in the realm of vintage tube amps, serving up authentic classic rock tones with ease. The faint of heart should exercise caution before switching to the lead channel, where the Ironheart truly comes to life with hellish amounts of fluid distortion. Between the EQ controls, master tone, volume and dynamics knobs, there is plenty of tone shaping flexibility here.
From Whisper to Roar
The Ironheart's 120 watts of power certainly qualify it as heavy weaponry in any metal guitarist's arsenal, but it's also suitable as a bedroom amp when needed. The amp's master wattage knob lets you select power levels anywhere between 120 watts to less than one watt. Such low levels enable you to crank the amp for rich tube sound without raising hell for those around you. Variable output wattage makes the IRT120H a killer amp for studio recording, too!
Laney also has players covered who want extra kick from their amp. The Ironheart's pre-boost function acts much like an overdrive pedal, adding variable amounts of boost to create tube breakup on clean channels and push distorted sounds over the edge.
The Power of Tubes
The biggest contributors to the Ironheart's vicious roar are its tubes. Four ECC83 tubes run the preamp and are known for their clear tone and ability to handle low-end frequencies. The power section includes four 6L6 tubes, regarded for overall balance and versatility.
A player-friendly feature is the included FS4-IRT footswitch, allowing you to quickly switch between channels and toggle the reverb and pre-boost functions on and off. A variable level effects loop makes handling multiple pedals a breeze.
- 120 watts (variable down to <1 watt)
- Three channels: Clean, Rhythm, and Lead
- Two sets of three-band EQ (Clean/Rhythm and Lead)
- Master tone
- Dynamics control
- Master reverb
- Four ECC83 preamp tubes
- Four 6L6 power tubes
- Includes FS4-IRT footswitch
- Two speaker outputs (4, 8, or 16 ohms)
- Effects loop
- Power RMS: 120 watts RMS\
- Inputs: 1 x Jack
- Channels: 3 - Clean, Rhythm & Lead
- Equalisation: Bass, Middle & Treble with Pull-Push EQ shift on each
- Master Presence Control: Overall Tone
- Boost Switch: Footswitchable Pre Boost
- Preamp Valves: 4 x ECC83
- Output Valves: 4 x 6L6
- Class: Class AB
- Reverb: Laney designed Digital reverb
- Footswitch: FS4-IRT supplied as standard - switches Channel, Clean, Reverb & Pre Boost
- Speaker connections: 2 jack sockets - 4, 8 or 16 Ohms
- FX Loop: Yes - variable level FX loop
- Weight: 20Kg Unit Weight (24kg) Shipping
- Dimensions (W x H x D): 678 x 271 x 288 mm