The Angry Charlie has become a staple of the JHS line over the years, and it’s a force to be reckoned with in the high-gain pedal territory. Its ability to convincingly and accurately breathe JCM800 tones into any rig has made it a popular choice for guitarists of all genres. And unlike many other British amp-in-a-box pedals, the Angry Charlie V3 sports a 3-band tone stack, just like the Marshalls, helping nail those warm yet searing tones and boundless sustain. If you are a glutton for high-gain overdrive/distortion that has a British flavor, the Angry Charlie V3 will change your life. Well, your gear life.
Furious-sounding amp in a box
Turn the Drive control down, and you might be surprised how bluesy and vintage-like this pedal sounds. But through its different versions, our Angry Charlie distortion has always been one of the more aggressive British amp-in-a-box pedals out there. Either way, you’ll be injecting your amp with the grit and attitude of the UK amplifier heads that gave rock ‘n’ roll its teeth.
- Turns any amp into a screaming Marshall stack
- Go from bluesy Hendrix-like breakup to high-gain Brit tones with a twist of the Drive knob
- Drive and Volume control interact the same as a master volume amp head
- Back off your guitar’s volume to control your gain levels without losing clarity
Marshall-style tone stack
After a couple of extremely well-received versions of the Angry Charlie, we realized that to really nail the ultimate Marshall-style tone, we had to add Marshall-style control. So we gave you a finely tuned Marshall-style 3-band EQ. Enjoy!
- Fine-tune your tone with controls for Bass, Middle, and Treble
- Active controls boost and cut their selected frequencies
This pedal requires standard 9V DC Negative power, consumes 11mA, and measures 2.6"x4.8"x1.6".
V1 = larger enclosure and 3 controls, no presence control
V2 = changed to current production size enclosure and look. presence control added.
V3 = color changed to red, added 3 band tone stack, 5 controls total
- Overdrive-distortion pedal that replicates the Marshall JCM800
- Volume control mimics the master volume on an amplifier
- Drive knob controls the amount of dirt or overdrive
- Bass, Mids, and Treble controls replicate a full Marshall-style tone stack