Return Of The Special
Solidbody Electric Guitar with Mahogany Body, Mahogany Neck, Rosewood Fingerboard, and 2 Single-coil Pickups - TV Yellow
The new Les Paul Special TV Yellow returns to the classic design that made it relevant, played and loved shaping sound across generations and genres of music. It pays tribute to Gibson's Golden Era of innovation and brings authenticity back to life. Originally introduced in 1955, the Les Paul Special has been embraced by musicians for over 60 years. It is based on the Les Paul Junior with a slab mahogany body, fat 50s-style mahogany neck, rosewood fingerboard, wraparound bridge, an additional rhythm P-90 pickup, binding on the neck and additional controls for the rhythm pickup and the 3-way toggle switch.
P-90 Single Coil Pickup
First introduced in the early 1950s, Gibson's legendary P90 single coil pickup produced a raw powerful tone that helped define the blues and rock and roll in their formative years. Today, the P90's traditional combination of high output and brilliant tone is still considered a favorite among many top musicians. Known by such familiar nicknames as the "Soapbar" and the "Cobalt," the P90 still cuts through any type of music, all while displaying amazing tonal sensitivity for everything from blues and rock to mellow jazz riffs. It's perfect as a vintage replacement, and features vintage, braided two-conductor wiring. It's also fully wax potted to eliminate any chance of unwanted microphonic feedback.
- A single-cut Special with P-90 pickups and a period neck
- Classic, lightweight mahogany slab body
- Hand-filling vintage ’50s mahogany neck
- Rosewood fingerboard with Plek’d medium jumbo frets
- 2 single-coil P-90 pickups
- Handwired with Orange Drop capacitors
- Breathable nitrocellulose lacquer finish
- Body Type: Solidbody
- Body Shape: Les Paul Special
- Left-/Right-handed: Right-handed
- Number of Strings: 6
- Body Material: Mahogany
- Body Finish: Gloss Nitrocellulose Lacquer
- Color: TV Yellow
- Neck Material: Mahogany
- Neck Shape: Vintage 50s
- Radius: 12"
- Fingerboard Material: Rosewood
- Fingerboard Inlay: Acrylic Dots
- Number of Frets: 22, Medium Jumbo
- Scale Length: 24.75"
- Nut Width: 1.695"
- Nut Material: GraphTech
- Bridge/Tailpiece: Wraparound
- Tuners: Vintage Deluxe
- Neck Pickup: P-90 Single-coil
- Bridge Pickup: P-90 Single-coil
- Controls:2 x volume, 2 x tone, 3-way toggle pickup switch
- Strings:Gibson, .010-.046
- Case Included: Hardshell Case
- Manufacturer Part Number: LPSP00TVNH1