A New Gibson Classic
Introduced in 1949 and still made today, Gibson's ES-175 boasts the longest continuous production run in electric guitar history. Take the ES-175's iconic body shape with its f-holes and Florentine cutaway, shrink it down, turn it into a thinline semi-hollowbody with a center block, and you have the Gibson Memphis ES-235, an instrument that can do it all. Perfect for jazz, blues, rock, and any type of fusion you care to invent; the ES-235 can sound warm and mellow in the verse and viciously shred the solo. Combining the best of solidbody and hollowbody designs, Gibson further enhanced this instrument's masterful tonal dexterity by specifying a pair of their superb BurstBucker Pro humbucking pickups.
Handcrafted by Gibson
Nobody makes a semi-hollowbody guitar like Gibson. The ES-235 is handcrafted for quality craftsmanship you can count on, and from a city that knows how blues should sound. Carefully selected maple and poplar tonewoods, spruce top bracing, and its dual f-hole thinline acoustic body cavity with maple center block give the Gibson Memphis ES-235 its unmistakable tone and sustain.
Matched BurstBucker Pro pickup set for incomparable tone
BurstBucker Pro pickups deliver the vintage flavor of Gibson's popular BurstBuckers, enhanced with the addition of Alnico 5 magnets. Fat and meaty, with gobs of drive and attack, the BurstBucker Pro serves up a sweet harmonic complexity and bell-like clarity, courtesy of slightly unmatched bobbin windings. It's the classic Gibson PAF tone — with extra attitude. Additional noise reduction keeps your signal quiet even when you're driving a high-gain rig. Routed through Gibson's Memphis tone circuit — hand-wired with 500K potentiometers and ceramic capacitors — with individual volume and tone controls for each pickup and a 3-way toggle switch, the Gibson ES-235 gives you the tonal mastery to ace any gig or recording session.
Rounded neck carve and Plek'd frets for optimized playability
Comfort and playability were two of Gibson's primary concerns when they were designing the 2019 ES-235. You'll be delighted at how this guitar's rounded-C neck profile comfortably fills your hand in just the right way. For your playing pleasure, the dark rosewood fingerboard is buffed to silky smoothness and the frets are dressed to perfection using a Plek Pro machine for optimized playability. Typically reserved for top-dollar custom guitars, this process levels the frets with pinpoint precision, providing you with the most playable fretboard you're likely to own.
Gibson Memphis ES-235 Gloss 2019 Features:
- Classic semi-hollowbody electric guitar with Florentine cutaway
- 3-ply maple/poplar/maple body construction
- Maple set neck, rounded-C profile
- Rosewood fingerboard with 22 frets and Pearloid Dot inlays
- Plek'd frets for effortless playability
- ABR-1 Tune-O-Matic bridge with plated brass saddles
- Zinc die-cast Stopbar
- White Oval Button tuning machines
- 1.687" bone nut, 24.75" scale length
- Burstbucker Pro Rhythm, Burstbucker Pro Lead humbuckers
- 2 Volume, 2 Tone controls, 3-way pickup selector toggle switch
- Memphis Tone Circuit, handwired with 500K potentiometers and Orange Drop capacitors
- Nickel hardware; black Top Hat knobs with silver reflectors
- Body Type:Semi-hollowbody
- Body Shape:ES-235
- Number of Strings:6
- Body Material:3-ply Maple/Poplar/Maple
- Top Material:3-ply Maple/Poplar/Maple
- Body Finish:Nitrocellulose Lacquer
- Color:Vintage Sunburst
- Neck Material:1-piece Maple
- Neck Shape:Rounded C
- Fingerboard Material:Rosewood
- Fingerboard Inlay:Pearloid Dots
- Number of Frets:22, Medium Jumbo, Nickel Silver
- Scale Length:24.75"
- Nut Width:1.687"
- Nut Material:Bone
- Bridge/Tailpiece:ABR-1 Bridge with Nickel-plated Brass Saddles, Die-cast Zinc Stopbar Tailpiece
- Tuners:Vintage Style with White Oval Buttons
- Neck Pickup:Burstbucker Pro Rhythm Humbucker
- Bridge Pickup:Burstbucker Pro Lead Humbucker
- Controls:2 x volume, 2 x tone, 3-way toggle pickup switch, Memphis Tone circuit plus
- Case Included:Softshell Case
- Manufacturer Part Number:ES235GVSNH1