CBN Music Warehouse is an Authorized Fender Showcase dealer. Brand new, never played guitar.
Weight: 8.00 lbs
Serian Number: CZ559506
- Alder double cutaway body
- maple neck with '67 Oval "C" profile
- Hand-wound Texas Special single-coil bridge pickup
- Reverse-wound Fat '50s single-coil middle pickup
- '69 single-coil neck pickup
- Vintage-style synchronized tremolo
1967 was a particularly notable year for the Stratocaster. The introduction of the Jaguar and Jazzmaster provided some sibling competition for the Strat by then, and production numbers were lowered as Fender anticipated phasing it out completely. Cut to the June 1967 Monterrey Pop Festival, where Jimi Hendrix mesmerized the audience with a monumentally legendary performance that seemed to singlehandedly return the Stratocaster to the height of fashion, forever changing the fate of the instrument. The Fender Custom Shop 1967 Stratocaster Heavy Relic evokes that memorable year’s model in all its glory, with all the scratches, dents and dings of a well-loved workhorse.
A two-piece select alder body wears a Heavy Relic lacquer finish, while the tinted rift-sawn maple neck features a large headstock, ’67 “oval C” profile and 9.5”-radius round-lam rosewood fingerboard with 21 narrow tall frets for streamlined play. Hand-wound pickups include a Texas Special at the bridge, a reverse-wound/reverse-polarity Fat ’50s in the middle and a ’69 at the neck for an ultimate tonal combination, with a five-way switch and Vintage Modified #2 wiring on a three-ply parchment pickguard. Additional features include a Custom Shop vintage-style synchronized tremolo, vintage-style tuning machines, bone nut and wing string tree with nylon spacer. A deluxe hardshell case, strap and certificate of authenticity are also included.
- Body Color: Aged Sea Foam Green
- Body Shape: Strat
- Body Finish: Nitrocellulose Lacquer
- Neck Material: Rift Sawn Maple
- Neck Shape: 66 Strat Oval "C"
- Number of Frets: 21
- Fret Wire: Narrow Tall
- String Nut: Bone
- Nut Width: 1.650" (42.8mm)
- Headstock: Stratocaster
- Neck Finish: Gloss Nitrocellulose Lacquer
- Position Inlays: Mother of Pearl
- Bridge Pickup: Custom Shop Hand-Wound Strat Texas Special
- ridge Pickup: Custom Shop Hand-Wound Strat Fat 50s RWRP
- Neck Pickup: Custom Shop Hand-Wound 69 Strat
- Controls: Vintage Modified Wiring #2
- Bridge: Vintage Strat
- Tuning Machines: Vintage Style
- Hardware: Nickle/Chrome
- Pickguard: 63-76 Strat Nitro