With the American Performer Series, Fender brings players a line of affordable U.S.-made instruments loaded with stunning finishes, refined electronics and hardware, and a few hidden surprises. These guitars and basses are designed for musicians of any level who seek Made in USA quality and playability at an accessible price. The American Performer Telecaster with rosewood fingerboard takes the quintessential "workhorse" guitar to a whole new level.
Beauty more than skin deep
Combining classic Tele lines with a selection of stunning finishes, the American Performer Telecaster steps right out under the spotlight. In this version with a choice of satin sonic blue or sumptuous honeyburst on rosewood fretboard, it's a real standout. The '70s-era silver logo on the headstock adds a distinct touch of additional style. The neck features a comfortable 9.5" fingerboard radius and 22 jumbo frets for easy playing and accurate fretting.
Vintage meets modern
The American Performer Tele features Fender's ClassicGear tuning machines and a traditional 3-barrel brass-saddle "ashtray" bridge for classic Tele twang and snap that goes hand-in-hand with its great looks. Teles have always been known for their tuning stability, and these tuners move that to an even higher level.
What's under the hood
Freshly designed Yosemite pickups, developed especially for the American Performer Series, in combination with Fender's "Greasebucket" tone circuit, add a new bite to the tone. Voiced to deliver the iconic Tele tones with the volume rolled back, they can get downright nasty, in a good way, when you open it up. The unique Greasebucket circuit enables you to roll off treble without getting muddy, for a mellow tone that will still cut through without getting lost.
- American-made Telecaster at an unbeatable price
- Alder body yields a balanced tone with equal amounts of lows, mids, and highs
- Maple modern “C” neck supplies comfortable playability
- Easy-playing 9.5"-radius rosewood fingerboard with jumbo frets
- Yosemite single-coil pickups yield a vintage tonal balance and amp-brutalizing punch
- Greasebucket tone control rolls off highs without adding bass or affecting your volume
- 3-saddle Telecaster string-through bridge provides enhanced sustain
- ClassicGear tuners ensure rock-solid intonation
- Body Type:Solidbody
- Body Shape:Telecaster
- Number of Strings:6
- Body Material:Alder
- Body Finish:Gloss Polyurethane
- Neck Material:Maple
- Neck Shape:Modern C
- Fingerboard Material:Rosewood
- Fingerboard Inlay:White Dots
- Number of Frets:22, Jumbo
- Scale Length:25.5"
- Nut Width:1.650"
- Nut Material:Synthetic
- Bridge/Tailpiece:3-saddle String-thru Tele Bridge
- Tuners:Fender Classic Gear
- Neck Pickup:Yosemite Tele Single-coil
- Bridge Pickup:Yosemite Tele Single-coil
- Controls:1 x master volume, 1 x master tone, 3-way blade pickup switch, Greasebucket tone circuit
- Strings:Fender USA, .009-.042
- Case Included:Gig Bag
- Manufacturer Part Number:0115110342