- 15-watt high-gain lunchbox tube amplifier
- Designed around the Van Halen sound
- Stealthy black steel/aluminum chassis
- Blends the Red and Green channels from 2 generations of LBX 5150 III amps
- 3-3/4-watt power scaling for getting cranked tones at lower volumes
- 2 footswitchable channels: Green (clean) and Red (Full Burn)
- Footswitch included
- 2x JJ EL84 power tubes
- 4x JJ ECC83S (12AX7) preamp tubes
- Resonance and Presence controls
- Effects loop
EVH's latest mini head, the stealthy 5150 III LBX-S, brings the first-gen LBX I's pedal-loving Green channel and the second-gen LBX II's fire-breathing Red channel to a single 15-watt lunchbox head. And whether you're leading a blues trio onstage or pummeling your tubes into submission in the studio, the LBX-S packs rich rock tones in wide supply and enough output to drown out a drummer. The LBX-S's four ECC83S (12AX7) preamp tubes take you from satiny cleans to a bluesy rock crunch and an aggressive mid-scooped metal chug. Meanwhile, its twin EL84's make the lightweight LBX-S lunchbox a perfectly competent option for club gigging and cranking up at home. In addition to a shared 3-band tone stack, you also get those oh-so-vital Presence and Resonance controls that have become a staple of the modern metal head. There's also an FX loop for reverb and delay pedals. And you can even simulate Ed's variac trick with the power switch, taking the amp down to 3-3/4 watts to run power tubes full-tilt without taking your head off.
- Type: Tube
- Number of Channels: 2
- Total Power: 15W (3.5W setting)
- Preamp Tubes: 4 x JJ ECC83S
- Power Tubes: 2 x JJ EL84
- EQ: 3-band EQ, Presence
- Inputs: 1 x 1/4"
- Outputs: 1 x 1/4" (4/8/16 ohms)
- Effects Loop: Yes
- Footswitch I/O: 1 x 1/4" (channel)
- Footswitch Included: Yes, 1-button footswitch
- Features: External Bias Points
- Construction Material: Aluminum/Steel Chassis
- Power Source: Standard IEC AC cable
- Height: 7"
- Width: 12.5"
- Depth: 6"