Classic Jumbo from Epiphone
Often hailed as the "King of the Flat Tops," the Gibson J200 is once again brought to the playing public with the Epiphone EJ-200SCE. This Jumbo features a deep cutaway for stellar access up the fingerboard. Made from a solid spruce top and select maple back and sides, this wonderful instrument delivers the big, full tone that the Jumbo became known for when it first appeared in 1937. A gorgeous maple neck with pau ferro fingerboard delivers incredible playability and response. And with the Epiphone eSonic-II pickup system, this wonderful axe delivers incredible amplified acoustic tone
Beauty, tone, and playability
The Epiphone EJ-200SCE's fingerboard is made of high-grade pau ferro. This durable wood's resilience makes the fingerboard extremely balanced and stable, and gives each chord and note exceptional clarity and bite. What's more, the EJ-200SCE's pearloid graduated crown inlays are inserted into the fingerboard using a special process that eliminates gaps and doesn't require fillers. The fingerboard is bound for an extremely smooth and comfortable feel that enhances the J-200 Standard's playability.
Acoustic mojo, jumbo style
Epiphone and Gibson Jumbo guitars were originally built to cut through the loudest acoustic ensembles, allowing them to compete with the mandolins and banjos that were prevalent in pre-amplified times. It's still a thrill to hear the well-balanced sound of a Jumbo ring out loud and clear, the maple sides and spruce top pumping out a throaty tone that's equally great for high-octane strumming and delicate fingerpicking.
- Classic J-200 style with cutaway delivers big tone
- Solid spruce top and select maple body combine for balanced tone
- eSonic2 pickup system with built-in tuner produces wonderful amplified tone
- Maple SlimTaper neck and pau ferro fingerboard with crown inlays is instantly playable and looks classic
- Pau ferro bridge with synthetic bone saddle provide extra tone support
- Grover Rotomatic gold machine heads keep you in tune and look vintage
- String Type:Steel
- Number of Strings:6
- Body Shape:Jumbo 200
- Color:Vintage Natural
- Top Wood:Solid Spruce
- Back & Sides Wood:Select Maple
- Body Bracing:X-bracing
- Binding:5-layer Top, White Back
- Neck Wood:Hard Maple
- Neck Shape:SlimTaper D Profile
- Fingerboard Material:Pau Ferro
- Fingerboard Inlay:Pearloid Crowns
- Number of Frets:20
- Scale Length:25.5"
- Tuning Machines:Grover Rotomatic, 18:1 ratio
- Bridge Material:Pau Ferro
- Nut/Saddle Material:PVC nut
- Nut Width:1.68"
- Electronics:Epiphone eSonic II Stereo with NanoMag and NanoFlex Pickups
- Manufacturer Part Number:EEJ2VNGH1