Weight: 8 Lbs
Serial Number: CZ569614
The ’61 Strat Heavy Relic takes you back to a special time during the evolution of the venerable model when Leo Fender was constantly modifying, progressing, innovating and perfecting. 1961 was the final year of the round-lam or “slab” rosewood fingerboard, ushering in a new era of ’60s Strats along with many other changes and upgrades. On this model, a two-piece select alder body wears a well-worn Heavy Relic lacquer finish, and the quartersawn maple neck has a ’60s-style “oval C” profile, 9.5”-radius flat-lam rosewood fingerboard, and 21 Jumbo (6100) frets for classic feel and gigantic bends.
Custom Shop hand-wound Texas Special™ pickups provide extra output and are hooked up to Vintage Modified #2 wiring with Tone-Saver bleed circuitry and five-way switching, all on a three-ply mint green pickguard. Other features include a Custom Shop vintage synchronized tremolo, vintage-style tuning machines, bone nut, and wing string tree with tall metal spacer. Also includes deluxe hardshell case, strap and certificate of authenticity.
- Body Shape: Stratocaster®
- Body Material: 2-Piece Select Alder
- Body Finish: Lacquer
- Neck Material: Quartersawn Maple
- Neck Shape: 1960 Oval "C"
- Scale Length: 25.5" (64.77 cm)
- Fingerboard Radius: 9.5" (241 mm)
- Number of Frets: 21
- Fret Size: Jumbo (6100)
- String Nut: Bone
- Nut Width: 1.650" (42 mm)
- Neck Finish: Nitrocellulose Lacquer
- Fingerboard: Flat-Laminated Rosewood
- Position Inlays: Vintage Clay Dot
- Bridge Pickup: Custom Shop Hand-Wound Texas Special™ Single-Coil Strat®
- Middle Pickup: Custom Shop Hand-Wound Texas Special™ Single-Coil Strat®
- Neck Pickup: Custom Shop Hand-Wound Texas Special™ Single-Coil Strat®
- Controls: Master Volume, Tone 1. (Neck/Middle Pickups), Tone 2. (Bridge Pickup)
- Pickup Switching: 5-Position Blade: Position 1. Bridge Pickup, Position 2. Bridge and Middle Pickup, Position 3. Middle Pickup, Position 4. Middle and Neck Pickup, Position 5. Neck Pickup
- Pickup Configuration: SSS
- Bridge: Custom Shop Vintage Synchronized Tremolo
- Tuning Machines: Vintage Style
- Orientation: Right-Hand
- Hardware Finish: Nickel/Chrome
- Pickguard: 3-Ply Mint Green
- Control Knobs: Vintage White
- Switch Tips: Vintage White
- Strings: Nickel Plated Steel (.010-.046 Gauges)
- Included Accessories: Deluxe Hardshell Case, Custom Shop Genuine Guitar Strap, Fender Picks and Certificate of Authenticity.