Weight: 8.90 lbs
Serial Number: CZ561892
- Comfortable 1960-style “U” Neck profile
- Journeyman Relic lacquer finish
- Handwound ’65-’70 Precision Bass pickup
- Four-ply brown shell pickguard
- vintage-style bridge with threaded steel saddles
- Extra strap button on the headstock
- ’66-style “lollipop tuners”
The Limited Edition Precision Jazz Bass Journeyman Relic combines the best of two timeless classics with all the Custom Shop style and finesse to match. What appears at first to be a beautifully worn-in Precision Bass actually has a Jazz Bass neck with a comfortable 1960-style “U” profile, slim 1.5” nut width and Jazz Bass headstock decal, letting players bask in a world of thumping Precision Bass tone with all the streamlined playability of a Jazz Bass neck. The two-piece select alder body wears a Journeyman Relic lacquer finish, and the tinted quartersawn maple neck features a vintage 7.25”-radius round-lam rosewood fingerboard with 20 medium jumbo frets, white pearl block inlays and white nitrocellulose binding for a diginified look and time-tested feel.
A handwound ’65-’70 Precision Bass pickup provides vintage-accurate low-end punch, with vintage Precision Bass wiring, master volume and master tone. Other features include a four-ply brown shell pickguard, vintage-style bridge with threaded steel saddles, extra strap button on the headstock and rarely seen ’66-style “lollipop tuners”. Includes deluxe hardshell case, strap and certificate of authenticity.
- Body: 2-Piece Select Alder
- Body Finish: Nitrocellulose Lacquer
- Body Material: 2-Piece Select Alder
- Body Shape: Jazz Bass
- Fingerboard Material: Round-Lam AAA Rosewood
- Fingerboard Radius: 7.25" (184.1 mm)
- Neck Butt Width: 2.500"
- Neck Construction: 4-Bolt
- Neck Finish: Nitrocellulose Lacquer
- Neck Material: Quartersawn Maple
- Neck Shape: 1960 Jazz Bass "U"
- Neck Thickness: .790"
- Neck Thickness 12th Fret: .990"
- Number of Frets: 20
- Nut Material: Bone
- Nut Width: 1.5" (38.1 mm)
- Position Inlays: Pearl Block
- Side Dots: Black
- String Nut: Bone
- Truss Rod: Vintage-Style Heel Adjust
- Truss Rod Nut: Vintage-Style Slotted
- Bridge: 4-Saddle American Vintage Bass with Threaded Steel "Barrel" Saddles
- Control Knobs: Knurled Chrome
- Hardware Finish: Nickel/Chrome
- Neck Plate: 4-Bolt "Limited Edition" Engraved
- Pickguard: 4-Ply Brown Shell
- String Trees: Vintage-Style Disc
- Tuning Machines: Vintage-Style
- Controls: Volume, Tone
- Middle Pickup: Custom Shop Hand-Wound '65-'70 Precision Bass
- Pickup Configuration: Split Single Coil
- Included Accessories: Includes deluxe hardshell case and certificate of authenticity